Welcome to the peaceful and serene Buddha Smriti Park located in the bustling city of Patna. This park is a beautiful tribute to Lord Buddha and his teachings, spread across a sprawling area of 22 acres.
The park is designed to showcase the cultural heritage of Bihar and features a number of attractions including a museum, meditation center, and a sacred Bodhi tree. Join us as we explore the beauty and tranquility of this stunning park and learn about the rich history and culture of Bihar.
Buddha Smriti Park Patna
Buddha Smriti Udyan, also known as the Buddha Memorial Park, is a large park and memorial located in Patna, Bihar, India. It is dedicated to honoring the life and teachings of the Buddha, and is a popular destination for tourists and Buddhists visiting Patna.
In addition to its natural and cultural attractions, Buddha Smriti Park also includes the International Buddhist Museum, which houses a collection of artifacts and exhibits related to the life and teachings of the Buddha.
The park was developed by the Bihar government in collaboration with the Ministry of Culture, Government of India, and was inaugurated in 2010. It is designed to be a place of pilgrimage, education, and cultural exchange, and it has become an important center for the promotion and study of Buddhism in India.
Why Buddha Smriti Park in Patna is famous?
Buddha Smriti Park is a large park and memorial located in Patna, Bihar, India. It is dedicated to honoring the life and teachings of the Buddha, and is a popular destination for tourists and Buddhists visiting Patna.
The park is famous for a number of reasons, including:
- It is a place of pilgrimage for Buddhists: The park is home to a number of landmarks and cultural sites that are significant to Buddhists, such as the Ashoka Pillar, the Bodhi Tree, and the Temple of Enlightenment.
- It is an educational resource: The park includes the International Buddhist Museum, which houses a collection of artifacts and exhibits related to the life and teachings of the Buddha. It is a great place to learn about the history and teachings of Buddhism.
- It is a cultural center: The park hosts a number of cultural events and programs, such as lectures, workshops, and festivals, which help to promote understanding and appreciation of Buddhism and its cultural significance.
- It is a beautiful and peaceful place: The park features a number of gardens and landscaped areas, as well as a number of amenities and facilities, such as food stalls and restrooms. It is a great place to relax, meditate, and enjoy the outdoors.
Buddha Smriti Park Patna Attractions
The park features a number of attractions and amenities, including:
- The Ashoka Pillar: This iconic monument was erected by the Mauryan Emperor Ashoka to honor the Buddha and spread his teachings.
- The Bodhi Tree: This tree is a replica of the one under which the Buddha attained enlightenment. It is a popular spot for meditation and contemplation.
- The World Peace Stupa: This large stupa is a symbol of peace and harmony, and is a popular spot for visitors to pay their respects.
- The International Buddhist Museum: This museum houses a collection of artifacts and exhibits related to the life and teachings of the Buddha.
- The Temple of Enlightenment: This temple is a replica of the one that the Buddha is believed to have visited after achieving enlightenment. It is a popular spot for religious ceremonies and rituals.
Things to do in Buddha Smriti Park
There are many things to do at the Buddha Smriti Park . Some suggestions for activities and attractions at the park include:
- Visit the memorials of Dr. B. R. Ambedkar and King Ashoka, which are located within the park.
- Take a walk through the park and enjoy the peaceful surroundings and beautiful greenery.
- Learn about the history of Buddhism at the park’s museum and library, which has a collection of Buddhist scriptures and artifacts.
- Attend a cultural event or workshop at the park’s auditorium, which is used for a variety of cultural and educational programs.
- Relax and have a picnic on the park’s lawns or by the pond.
- Go for a jog or take a yoga class at the park’s outdoor fitness area.
- Participate in a meditation or mindfulness session at the park’s meditation center.
- Take a tour of the park with a guide, who can provide more information about the park’s history and attractions.
What is the entry fee of Buddha Park Patna?
- For Park Entry Fees: – Rs. 20 (Per Person). Valid only 2 Hours from Entry Time.
- Karuna Stupa Entry Fees: – Rs. 50 (Valid 2 Hours ).
- Mediation Charge :- Rs. 200 (Valid Only 1 Hour).
- Museum Charge : – Rs. 40 Per Person.
Buddha Smriti Park Patna Location
Buddha Smriti Park is located near Patna Junction Railway Station and Mahavir Mandir, making it easily accessible for visitors. The distance from Patna Railway Station to the park is just 100 meters, while it is about 6-7 kilometers away from Patna Airport. This park’s convenient location and the availability of various modes of transportation make it easy for people to find and visit. Whether you’re arriving by train or plane, you can easily reach this beautiful park and explore its serene surroundings.
Buddha Smriti Park – FAQs
On which day Buddha Park is closed in Patna?
Buddha Smriti Park in Patna is closed on Mondays. However, the park remains open on all other days of the week, including weekends and public holidays, from 9:00 am to 5:30 pm.
Where is Buddha Smriti Park situated?
Buddha Smriti Park is located near Patna Junction Railway Station and Mahavir Mandir, making it easily accessible for visitors. The distance from Patna Railway Station to the park is just 100 meters, while it is about 6-7 kilometers away from Patna Airport.
Read other interesting articles:
Sail in Style on MV Ganga Vilas – Longest River Cruise in the World
Garvi Gujarat Train : Ticket Price, Features, Destinations
11 Best Places to visit in Varanasi
11 Travel Essentials List You Need on Your Trip
7 Best Places to visit in Diwali Vacation in India
Patna Museum : Things to Know Before Visiting
Golghar Patna – Facts, History, Timings
11 Best Places To Visit in Patna
9 Best places to visit in Ranchi | Ranchi Tourist Attractions
11 Best Places to Visit in Rishikesh – Exploring City of Yoga
IRCTC Executive Lounge: Rates, Facilities & Benefits | Indian Railways
Radhanagar Beach: Activities, Timings, Images & More
Experience Royalty on Rails: Maharajas Express – The Luxury Train in India
11 Places to Visit in India in June: Beat the Heat and Explore!